Thursday, February 4, 2016

Sewing Machine Cover

I finished a top of bright and scrappy fabrics…and something just didn't look right about it. I had fussy cut some fun centers for one of the rows from a Mary Lou Weidman fabric that I liked…but the "realistic" centers in that row looked really out of place. Now, normally, I just let things like this go - I really like it to be DONE when it's done. But this row just screamed GET ME OUT OF HERE!! So I bit the bullet and picked it out, made new blocks and reassembled. The finished top:


Here's a detail:


BUT…(there is always a but(t))

I still thought the other blocks were fun and didn't want them to get buried in the Black Hole of miscellaneous blocks. SO - I made new sewing machine covers out of them!!!


VOILA!

(The blocks were made from a set of Kwik Krazy patterns)

No comments:

Post a Comment