Sunday, January 29, 2017

Life Happens

I could whine.  I kind of want to whine actually...I think it would make me happy if someone felt sorry for me a little....but at the end of the day, we do what we have to do and I'm a big girl, so let's just start blogging and pretend it's December 21st:

I'm going to retire on December 31!  I've been around since the Paleolithic Era and felt a bit like the Last.Man.Standing. - everyone else I started out with had already retired.  I would have been happy to just sneak off into the night but the "kids" I work with wanted to do lunch and say bye.  I picked a nice restaurant near my home so I could just finish the day in sweats rather than go back to the office.  I didn't want a "retirement party/present" so I decided to give THEM presents instead!  I made a holiday (or in one case: winter) tablerunner for each of them.  They knew I quilted but I hadn't ever even made a baby quilt for anyone ('my bad...).

Since I was mass producing, they all got the same pattern but different fabrics.  On the design wall:



This one is finished:


And the stack!


And of course I spared no expense on the gift wrap!


And here we are at Facci's for lunch!


I did get a lovely surprise - Cierra baked this beautiful cake!


100% edible!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment