Saturday, January 9, 2016

New Studio Space

We moved in 2015 - to a 55+ community nearby. Surprisingly, I had no problem at all leaving the old house, in spite of memories and stuff. I'll admit that packing up 35 years of stuff was a bit of a challenge! The first room I "decluttered" was the studio - which was in the largest of the kids' bedrooms. Nice space - two big windows - but honestly very cramped. And I kind of fall into the category of "small" stash quilter - really - I've seen my friends' quilting space and yes, I'm like a freaking minimalist compared to some of them...BUT when I had to pack up my fabric, and my tools, and my patterns, I was astounded at the amount of cr*p I had accumulated - and a dementia-worthy number of duplicate patterns and books! OMG!

Some pics of the old space:


And here are some pics in the new space - I haven't painted and nothing hanging on the walls yet, but much roomier (although there are only small windows because now I'm in the basement....oh well):


Our IKEA cart full of the furniture:


Neat clock Santa brought me for the studio:


Rolling cart, again from Santa...who obviously knows me very very well - please note the beer filling the shelf:


...and finally (for now) a really great light switch from my very good friend, Santa!

No comments:

Post a Comment