Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Traveling Hand Work

This Blizzard of 2016 has little undercurrents in addition to the very obvious problem of a bazillion tons of snow to deal with....

I had to have my mother here as a precaution in case of power outages. She is 93. It has been an interesting few days and while I am eternally grateful that she is still with me, I kind of miss the mom I grew up with...if you know what I mean. She's a great mom.

AND (because seriously, there is always an "and" ...) at the beginning of the storm, my mother-in-law, who is 96 (!), was taken to the hospital and is in the ICU now. I figure I'll be there tomorrow and she's not exactly alert, so I've made myself a little baggie of hexagons and fabric to sit and stitch while I'm with her.


She quilted a little bit when she was younger - hand quilting! - so she'll appreciate the effort....as I appreciate her....

:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment