Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Quilt Gift for Friend of a Friend (?)

Here is what I've been working on…it is SO not me - not the pattern, not the fabric. I do like how it came together and it is REALLY simple and classic, but....


A friend asked me to make something for her to give as a gift - picked the pattern and the colors. I "always" say no to making quilts for other people. I got caught in a weak moment I guess plus she's a good friend. Once I got started, it just felt like work - I was aware she was waiting for it (in fairness she NEVER asked me about progress - "deadline" was completely in my own head!); but something was always coming up (e.g. I had thought I could whip it out over a weekend…only the weekend I chose was the Snowzilla weekend here and I had my mother and just never had the opportunity to sit down at the sewing machine!). It simply wasn't any fun and if I had a free afternoon I found myself thinking of other things, FUN things, I could have been working on. So trust me when I say it will be way easier to say "sorry, but no" next time someone asks me if I do quilts for hire. Sheesh.







Sewing on the binding - my quilt label:


I ordered these labels on Etsy - they are two sided. When I make a quilt specifically to donate, I show the Quilts for Mikey side in memory of Michael.


What to do next?????? Something wild and crazy for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment