Friday, March 4, 2016

UFO Challenge 2016 - March

The number for March in the Spring Water Designs 2016 UFO Challenge is.....3! And since I'm not showing you a beautifully quilted house quilt, which was the February challenge, it is safe to bet that it wasn't finished. Very.Safe.Bet. In fact, I had pulled it out of the UFO closet (yes, my UFOs have their own entire closet...) and put it right next to my sewing machine so I couldn't manage to ignore it (as I have done for the last bazillion years). Here's the picture:


And in the spirit of not learning from past mistakes, here's a picture of the March UFO folded sitting next to my sewing machine - implying I have faith that I'll notice it and complete this one....(the February challenge is already back in the closet):


The March UFO is simply to put on the borders to complete the top - seriously - how hard can this be? I even have the fabric already! If I manage that and have time left in the month there's a (remote) possibility I'll go ahead and quilt it, but honestly I'm not promising anything.


I had gotten a kit at probably half price when a local quilt shop was closing many years ago. When we moved last summer I packed some simple kits I had in a box of their own thinking I would make an effort to piece them. I started on this top in the Fall. Here it is on the design wall:


Since all that's left are the borders, I'm fairly confident I can have a finish for the challenge, but it would be great if I "finished" it!

No comments:

Post a Comment