Tuesday, May 10, 2016

New Baby Quilt

Like a lot of quilters, I have tops that I just don't seem to be able to finish in a reasonable amount of time...uh...let's see...YEARS???? But I just finished the top for a baby quilt in less than a week. That includes deciding on the pattern, picking the fabrics, piecing. And I just picked up my lovely HQ16 from her spa treatment at Spring Water Designs today so I'll be loading this bad boy tomorrow...who knew I could actually finish a quilt in a couple of weeks! Why doesn't that happen all the time???????? Someone I know (not well but I have a lot of respect for her) just adopted a lovely little boy...and I feel that a baby quilt is what I need to do, for myself as much as for them.

It was fun - picking the fabric:


cutting and piecing the half square triangles:


Figuring things out on the design wall:


And finishing off the top:

No comments:

Post a Comment