Thursday, May 12, 2016

UFO Challenge 2016 - May

OK - here's the deal - I simply wasn't "thinking" when I created my UFO list for 2016. Why? Well, the number for May is "2" - and it's only to sew on the borders to make it a finished quilt top. Sounds simple enough, right? My problem is that this is MAY. May is in the Spring - not exactly prime time to find Christmas fabrics in local quilt shops...and guess what! The May quilt is CHRISTMAS! I've been to my local shops and pretty much no holiday fabrics on the shelves - I will give credit to Spring Water Designs because she took me into the back where they had a few Christmas bolts stored, but none of those work. So I just ordered fabric for the borders online and I'll have to hope it gets here soon enough to give me time to sew them on...once again I'm thinking the UFO Goddess is not on my side.

I started this top in a class 4000 years ago. It's kind of a good thing I didn't finish it - the plan was for it to go on the guest bed over the holidays. We bought a new bed for the guest room in this house and it's a Queen. In the old house it was a Full size bed - so the silver lining is that if I had finished it in the olden days, it wouldn't fit this bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment