Tuesday, May 3, 2016

UFO Challenge 2016 - April Update

It's like the UFO Gods are against me...got my April UFO loaded on the HQ16, managed to get one pass done, and VOILA! I've got issues...


First, my thread was breaking. Fine - I look up what to do: adjusted tension, double checked the threading, changed the thread, changed the needle, etc...but it seemed like every time I did something, then something else got a little screwy. Finally the poor HQ16's timing got messed up and now my bobbin thread wasn't getting picked up. At that point I figured if I kept trying to fix each of these problems I'd end up with a completely broken machine! So I very sensibly took my girl into Spring Water Designs for a good cleaning and service.

It looks lonely without her...


So near and yet so far - an "almost" UFO finish...hmmm...I wonder if I could have entered it anyway??? I mean, I had quilted SOME of it! My UFO list only says to quilt it - no mention whatsoever about quilting ALL of it!!!!!

The quilt is from the Phat Cats pattern by Erin Underwood.

No comments:

Post a Comment