Friday, May 20, 2016

Tablerunners

I really have to start THINKING when I start something! Sheesh...

I wanted to make one tablerunner. I've made this pattern before in Christmas fabrics. Honestly, I knew what I was doing. It uses charm squares and I had a pack that I thought would look nice. Funny thing though - I just wasn't paying attention to the background fabric - it was pretty subtle - no biggie - however (always always always there is a "however") there was direction to it so when I did my HSTs the background ended up butting heads when I sewed the blocks together. Lovely.



The only solution I could come up with was to buy more of the background and make the same set of HSTs....and then take half from each tablerunner pile and match the backgrounds. Now I have two of the exact same tablerunner - Merry Christmas or Happy Birthday to someone!


It's like the project was doomed from the start. I finally get the blocks made for TWO runners and get them up on the design wall. Move things around until I'm happy with the placement. I let it all sit nicely on the design wall for a few days to be sure.


Unfortunately, my lovely husband...who seldom vacuums...decides to do just that. Did you know there's an exhaust on your vacuum cleaner? Trust me, there is.


No comments:

Post a Comment