Friday, July 29, 2016

July (& April) UFO Challenge Finish!!!

Miracle of Miracles I finished the July UFO Challenge!  This was a top I made way back when I first started quilting and I have no idea what I was thinking when I picked the fabric.  I'm guessing it was a fat quarter bundle of a single fabric in all it's color ways....and like a doofus I put them all in the same quilt top.  Ick.  The challenge for this top was to put on borders and call it a top.  Well, I just didn't like it At.All.  So......I cut it in half, which minimized the matchy matchy and then bordered both halves and VOILA!  I've got two nice donation quilts!  The pattern is from Kwik Krazy.




Earlier this year the number 11 was chosen for April's UFO challenge...it was to quilt the finished Phat Kats quilt top.  And in keeping with the Cosmic Plan that I only seem to be able to complete something every other month, my HQ16 got sick and I couldn't finish the quilting.  She's been to her spa treatment (thank you Spring Water Designs!) and has been working great so I finished up and now (3 months too late to count...) it is a completed quilt!  Phat Kats is from an Erin Underwood pattern:



No comments:

Post a Comment