Thursday, July 7, 2016

Mending and Alterations Oh My!

Seriously - I will sew miniscule squares and rectangles together until they make up a king size top...happy happy happy.  However, who among us wants to mend things?  I mean, I even pay the tailor at my dry cleaners to hem pants!  Do.Not.Want.To.Mend. So naturally when my daughter asked me to lengthen the drapes I made for the first granddaughter's nursery because they're too short for the baby's nursery windows in the new house, I said "Why I'd love to, sweet pea!"

Somewhere there is a picture of the first nursery in all it's glory but I can't find it.  I made the drapes, pillow, crib quilt and dust ruffle.  I did manage to find a picture of the pillow and one of my husband holding up a finished curtain panel in our house.



Luckily I had saved all the fabric.  I was trying to make this as simple as possible so honestly, I just wanted to pick one of them and add on one more border piece at the bottom.  Dear Daughter wanted none of that.  So I sliced off the bottom piece and since I had enough of the same fabric to make two longer panels, I sewed them on, hemmed them and voila!  I'm done.  They're off with UPS on their way to NC.





What we don't do for our children.....

No comments:

Post a Comment