Friday, July 15, 2016

Quilt Retreat!!!

I'm on a quilt retreat this weekend at Mount St. Mary's University in Emmitsburg, MD.  It is with the Mid-Appalachian Quilters..or...MAQ.  I come every year - can't remember for how long, but LONG.  I just love it.  I think someone said there are about 300 quilters here this year.  There are classes you can sign up for every day (Friday, Saturday, Sunday) or, like me, you can sign up for "Studio."  This is simply a room full of quilters trying to finish stuff and the "teacher" for the past few years is Fran Kordek - she's there to help figure things out if we get stuck and when necessary, she gets out her seam ripper and helps with that too!

This year I brought some serious UFOs - ziplock bags with some blocks, some cut fabric, maybe a pattern, things that have been sitting in a closet for literally years.  Took a class 8 years ago and didn't finish it?  Well, there's a ziplock bag for that!  This morning I chose the UFO that was the quickest to finish - a beginner Baltimore Album block from a class I took with Mimi Dietrich many many many years ago.  The block itself was done; it only needed to be put on point and add a couple of borders...why have I waited so long???




We stay in the dorms and eat in the cafeteria.  Let me just say that both are infinitely superior to what I had "back in the day."  I got here early enough this morning to get breakfast before the day began:


All things considered, the rooms aren't bad.  They are suites, so I have my own bedroom, and there is a living room (with frig for my beer - not like in the old days in college!):



And of course....my favorite:


Life.Is.Good.



No comments:

Post a Comment